- The protocol package structure and the roles of each protocol.
- IP operation and packet structure, along with the IP address structure and classes.
- The TCP and UDP protocols and their work under regular and heavy load conditions and under broad and narrow bandwidth conditions.
- Network Address Translation (NAT) and Dynamic Host Configuration protocol (DHCP) operate
- Routing basics, main routing protocols and their operation principles
- Network security principles, including the risks and how to protect against them.
- Understand the protocol package structure and the roles of each protocol.
- Understand IP operation and packet structure, along with the IP address structure and classes.
- Understand the working operation of the TCP and UDP protocols and their work under regular and heavy load conditions and under broad and narrow bandwidth conditions.
- Understand the operation of Network Address Translation (NAT) and Dynamic Host Configuration protocol (DHCP) operate
- Understand the basics of routing, main routing protocols and their operation principles
- Understand the basic principles of network security, including the risks and how to protect against them.
The course includes the following modules:
1.  Introduction to TCP/IP
In this lesson we describe the TCP/IP model, its relation to the OSI-RM andthe main protocols in the protocol stack
2.  Introduction to Internet Protocol (IP)
In this lesson we talk about the Internet Protocol, IP, its packetstructure and operation, along with Address Resolution Protocol, ARP, and how it is used for address resolution
3.  IP Addressing Basics
In this lesson we talk about IP addressing basics, IP addresses and masks,public and private addresses and the address structure of the Internet
4.  IP Mechanisms – DHCP & NAT
In this lesson we talk about Network Address Translation, NAT and how it is used when we connect to the Internet, about Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, DHCP, and it automatically allocates addresses, and finally we give ashort introduction to IPv6 and its address structure
5.  Layer 4 Protocols – TCP & UDP
In this lesson we talk about layer-4 protocols ,that is TCP and UDP, how they use port numbers for connecting between end applications, and the differences between them
6.  Introduction to User Datagram Protocol (UDP)
In this lesson we talk about User Datagram Protocol, UDP, how it work and its message structure
7.  Introduction to Transport Control Protocol (TCP)
In this lesson we talk about Transmission Control Protocol, TCP, its maincharacters – connectivity, reliability, flow and congestion control, and how they are used for in-order delivery of data between end applications
8.  TCP - Packet Structure
In this lesson we talk about TCP message structure, including the sliding window mechanism and TCP flags, and how they used for application data delivery
9.  Routers and Routing Operation
In this lesson we talk about routers and routing protocols. We talk about the operation of routers and how they forward packets through the network, static an dynamic routing, the basics of link-state and distance-vector protocols, Interior Gateway and Exterior Gateway Protocols and routing metrics
10.  Network Secutiry Basics
In this lesson we talk about the basics of network security, the risks our network exposed to including viruses, worms and Trojans, DoS and DDos attacks. We also talk about firewalls and how they use packet filtering and statefull inspection, along with Site-to-Site and Client-to-Site VPNs